Monk Fryston & Hillam Sustainability Project
Leaders of the Primary School, Community Association, St Wilfrid’s Church and the Cricket Club are working together to find ways of reducing energy and water consumption in order to make their buildings Carbon Neutral within 2 years.
Why support this project?
We have experienced some unusual climate events recently. Last year we had record high temperatures reaching 35 ℃ followed by a very wet autumn, then more heavy rainfall in February brought flooding closer to home and recently we had the longest sunny dry spell on record.
- It will make a contribution, albeit small, to environmental sustainability by reducing CO2 emissions
- It will prepare our Community Buildings for the future in line with Government policy and increase resilience
- It will allow residents to see some of the technologies available that they could install in their own homes
- Other communities can learn from our experience
- Leaders and management of all the organisations providing our Community Buildings support the project
- Our young people support climate action and we should show that we support them
- We all use and benefit from these facilities and the deserve your support